Men need both testosterone and estrogen for critical functions and long-term health. The balance of these two hormones is important. Too much estrogen (in the form of estradiol) leads to undesirable symptoms, including gynecomastia, lowered sex drive, reduced muscle mass and changes to fat distribution. This test not only tells you where your testosterone is at, but importantly also reveals estradiol excess should it exist. The good news is that imbalance can usually be treated by making changes to lifestyle or in more severe cases, seeing your GP.
Why Choose This Test?
This test is primarily used to detect testosterone-related estrogen dominance (excess) which may cause a range of symptoms (below). Detection of this imbalance can lead to treatment and better individual outcomes.
- Decreased sex drive.
- Reduced strength.
- Reduced motivation.
- Bloating (water retention).
- Gynecomastia (increased or swollen breast tissue).
- Mood swings (most often irritability and depression).
Who needs this test?
One or more of the following applies:
- You are experiencing physical symptoms commonly associated with estrogens imbalance.
- Have a history of high testosterone and wish to evaluate its effect on estrogens.
- Wish to establish a baseline in preparation for hormone replacement therapy or natural hormone boosting through fitness and diet.
- You have not measured these hormones and wish to know if they are within safe limits.
- Currently or recently used testosterone replacement therapy and wish to evaluate your levels for safety.
- Purchase test, have it delivered to your doorstep. Tracking number available on request. Now sent via Overnight Express.
- Perform simple saliva sample collection and complete the included referral form.
- Post your sample and referral form back to the lab’ using the Overnight Express satchel. Tracking included.
- Receive your hormone test results by secure .PDF to your designated email address.
This test is performed by NutriPATH®.
Used by date: 24 months from purchase.
Postage guaranteed and instructions provided.
Yes, it's a good idea but the following information should be taken into account. Hormone medication such as DHEAs, progesterone and estrogens known as bio-identical hormones, will affect the test results no matter what form they are used in. The results will reveal your current levels for observation. If you are either starting or ceasing HRT ie: cream, gel, troche, pessary, it is recommended that you wait 7 days before using the TestoChecker Kit.
Always consult with your doctor before ceasing use of any prescribed treatment.
We now provide the ‘Measurement Unit Conversion Calculator’ upon request. Email Support and include the Measurement Unit Types you require.
Generally speaking testing time is up to 10 working days. For more detailed information regarding testing time see here.
Questions and answers related to hormone testing in Australia