Testosterone Test Description
Saliva is a proven reliable method for testing of the androgen hormones, including Testosterone. It is the “free”, active component and not the total (incl’ bound). To read more about what constitutes ‘Free T’ see our Blog or Tabs up top.
Why use this test? Testochecker’s affordable Testosterone Test Kits are used to see how we sit against the average for our age. But the real value is in setting a benchmark for our own reference going forward. (Continued further down)
This is a One Stop, One Cost service!
& TestoChecker Guarantee the delivery of this test!
pmol/L. (measurement unit conversion tools provided)
- Coloured results coded graph.
- Age Range Reference Chart for comparison.
- Includes personalized Summary.
$59.00 – There are NO additional fees or charges associated with this laboratory test.
How do I get my Results?
We send them to you by secure .PDF email.
When do I get my Results?
4 business days from samples arrival at the lab, give or take a day. (Irregular results are re-tested adding 2 days)
Test Kit used-by-date:
24 months from purchase! (replacement provided in the event kit is lost)
For repeat testing we recommend the 4 Pack single hormone test kit.
- Purchase test, have it delivered to your doorstep. Sent via Express Post 7 days a week. (Tracking No. by request)
- Perform simple saliva sample collection and complete the included referral form.
- Post your sample and referral form back to the lab’ using the Express Post satchel. (Tracking included)
- Receive your hormone test results by secure .PDF to your designated email address.
Why test Testosterone?
- To put to rest any suspicion you may have had regarding testosterone productivity and or regularity.
- Recently ceased testo’ replacement therapy and wish to be sure levels are stable.
- Recently commenced testo’ supplementation and wish to confirm the levels have adjusted as intended.
- About to embark on a weight-loss plan.
- Are about to embark on a muscle building, intensive training program.
- Concerned about the onset of andropause and wish to compare hormones levels at similar times of the month.
- Have a known hormone imbalance you wish to monitor.
- Need current results for sporting related observational purposes.
What is the Testosterone Rate of Decline in Men?
Testosterone levels in Men peak at approximately 23 years of age and decline at a rate of 10% per decade thereafter. Changes to lifestyle and behaviour can offset the decline of testosterone, and there’s been plenty of research on cause and effect with regard to testosterone depletion. Illness and poor health can accelerate the decline of testosterone, which results in loss of muscle mass, libido, hair….
Deeper explanations regarding the validity of saliva for this purpose including clinical research reference can be found here on this website. Additionally, the links below include Wikipedia definitions and descriptions of both testosterone and also salivary testosterone testing.
The Testosterone Test Kit is a single hormone saliva test and costs $59.00. This cost is Total and covers postage, referral, analysis and support.
Yes, utilizing top level laboratories for saliva testing of hormones in Australia requires formal written authority.
The referral form is included with all hormone test kits purchased from TestoChecker. It is no different with the Testosterone Test kit.
Yes you can, it is referred to as at-home hormone testing. Saliva is used due to convenience and known stability during transit. Measurement units pmol/L.
Advice on this differs from lab to lab in terms of 'how long to fast'. Ranging from 10 minutes to 60 minutes. Our advice is this: Use the test before breakfast, but 30 min from waking as that is the time the hormone is most active (by default). Once you have provided the saliva sample of course you are free to proceed with breakfast.
The following advice does not differ from lab to lab but is universal:
- Do not brush teeth prior to collection
- Do not drink coffee [or anything] except water.
- Do not provide the sample if you have cold, flu or gastro bug.
Contact TestoChecker Support if you have questions.