Why use this Test?
This is an reliable and affordable (saliva) testosterone test kit and it’s mostly used to see how the testosterone level compares against the average for age, and gender.
But the real value is in setting a benchmark for our own reference going forward. Bundled with this test is an access code to your very own testosterone tracking app, the Tracker-T™.
Tracker-T™ makes Tracking T easy-peasy!
A full list of reasons why one would buy this test can be found below.
N.B. This test is used to measure free testosterone level using saliva, and not the total (including bound). More about that can be found in our FAQ’s, or down below this test description.
This is a One Stop, One Cost service! TestoChecker® Guarantee the Delivery of this Test!
Saliva Testosterone Test Kit Detail:
Referral Form: Provided.
Measurement Unit: ‘pmol/L’ Measurement unit conversion tools provided.
- Coloured results coded graph.
- NEW! Additional age ranges for comparison of the result. (updated Oct’ 2021)
- Personalized summary.
- Advice in cases where an irregular result is discovered. ←
Cost: $59.00 – There are no additional fees or charges associated with this laboratory test.
Technical: ARTG ID 325206 – Medical Device Included Class 1.
Tracker: The testosterone test kit now comes with Tracker-T™. A simple phone/web app designed to make Tracking Testosterone easy, and it’s FREE!
When do I get my Results? 4 business days from the samples arrival at the lab, give or take a day. Irregular results are re-tested adding 2 days.
How do I get my Results? We send them to you by secure .PDF email.
Test Kit used-by-date: 24 months from purchase!
Alternative: 4 Pack single hormone tracking kit. [Economy bundle]
Testing Laboratory: NutriPATH™
Simple 3 Step Process:
- Purchase test. Sent via Express Post same day Mon-Fri, <5PM AEST. Tracking number available on request.
- Perform simple saliva sample collection as per instruction provided.
- Post your sample and referral form back to the lab’ using the Express Post satchel. (Tracking included)
Receive your hormone test results by secure .PDF to your designated email address.
Why test Testosterone? (continued)
- To put to rest any suspicion you may have had regarding Testosterone productivity and or regularity.
- Recently ceased Testosterone Replacement Therapy and wish to be sure levels are stable.
- Recently commenced testo’ supplementation and wish to confirm the levels have adjusted as intended using a testosterone test kit.
- About to embark on a weight-loss plan.
- Are about to embark on a muscle building, intensive training program.
- Concerned about the onset of andropause and wish to compare hormones levels at similar times of the month.
- Have a known hormone imbalance you wish to monitor.
- Need current results for sporting related observational purposes.
Questions often asked about the Testosterone Test Kit:
Saliva is a proven reliable method for testing of the androgen hormones, including Testosterone. Saliva (as a specimen type), is strong, maintaining integrity during transportation. It also means we can provide this highly popular and affordable testosterone test in Australia. Further explanation regarding the validity of saliva for measurement of hormones in can be found on our site.
It is Testosterone being tested using this test kit, and not Thyroxine. Thyroid hormones (TSH, FT4, FT3, RT3) cannot be tested from saliva. They are compounds of too great a Molecular Weight to pass across the membrane into the saliva.
The Testosterone Test Kit is a single hormone saliva test and costs $59.00. This cost is Total and covers postage, referral, analysis and support.
Yes, utilizing top level laboratories for saliva testing of hormones in Australia requires formal written authority.
The referral form is included with all hormone test kits purchased from TestoChecker. It is no different with the Testosterone Test kit.
Yes you can, it is referred to as at-home hormone testing. Saliva is used due to convenience and known stability during transit. Measurement units pmol/L.
Advice on this differs from lab to lab in terms of 'how long to fast'. Ranging from 10 minutes to 60 minutes. Our advice is this: Use the test before breakfast, but 30 min from waking as that is the time the hormone is most active (by default). Once you have provided the saliva sample of course you are free to proceed with breakfast.
The following advice does not differ from lab to lab but is universal:
- Do not brush teeth prior to collection
- Do not drink coffee [or anything] except water.
- Do not provide the sample if you have cold, flu or gastro bug.
Contact TestoChecker Support if you have questions.
Progesterone primarily, and Testosterone to a lesser extent are attributed the abbreviations P4 and T4 respectively, which is why the abbreviation has been used in the test result and comments (when required).
Testosterone levels in Men peak at approximately 23 years of age and decline at a rate of 10% per decade thereafter. Changes to lifestyle and behaviour can offset the decline of Testosterone, and there’s been plenty of research on cause and effect with regard to Testosterone depletion. Illness and poor health can accelerate the decline of Testosterone, which results in loss of muscle mass, libido, hair and motivation.