Genetic Wellness Testing From Home
The My Comprehensive DNA Profile provides you with knowledge which can be used to improve quality of life. This type of genetic testing is called Nutrigenomic Testing [more below] and begins by measuring a number of genetic markers. This data is used to generate a very detailed report of findings which is itself translated into a set of recommendations to help you achieve health and wellness. The MyDNA™ Comprehensive Wellness Report is sometimes used to gain insight into the way our genes can influence:
- How our body stores and processes dietary fats.
- Our body size and weight.
- Our ability to lose weight.
- Our appetite and eating behaviours.
- Our risk of having an abnormal cholesterol profile.
- Our vitamin, mineral, and other nutrient needs.
- Our sensitivity to specific tastes, foods and drinks.
- Our power, endurance, recovery and injury risk when you exercise.
How is this test performed?
The specimen sample is collected from the mouth using the supplied DNA Swab Kit. This is a simple and painless specimen collection method. Instructions are included along with your Laboratory Referral Form and reply paid, Express Post satchel. Test time is approximately 10 working days from the arrival of the sample at the laboratory. Results are released to you by email upon completion.
What’s in the MyDNA™ Comprehensive Wellness Report?
The MyDNA™ Comprehensive Wellness Report (see right) is designed for
individuals looking to optimize their health and well-being.
The goal is to empower people to take more control in improving
their quality of life. This report can assist us in understanding
how our genes can influence:
- Our body size and weight
- Our ability to lose weight
- Our appetite and eating behaviors
- How our body stores and processes dietary fats
- The risk of having an abnormal cholesterol profile
- Our vitamin, mineral, and other nutrient needs
- Our sensitivity to specific tastes, foods and drinks, and
- Our power, endurance, recovery and injury risk when you
Why use The Comprehensive DNA Profile?
Understanding our genetics can help bring us one step
closer to making more specifically suited health, well-being and
lifestyle changes. With the assistance of a suitable healthcare practitioner,
we are be able to make better decisions going forward.
What are we testing?
As human beings, we all have the same set of genes, but small
variations within each of these genes make us different from each
other. These individual variations have also been shown to predict
certain aspects of our health. Analysis of such genetic variations
provides the basis for your report.
– Weight Management
- Weight, appetite and obesity
- Fat storage
- Body size and weight regain
- Fat burning
- Energy expenditure
- Snacking and eating habits
– Taste Preference and Food Response
- Preference to bitter taste
- Preference for sweet foods
- Preference for fats and oils
- Lactose persistence (dairy processing)
– Heart Health
- Caffeine cholesterol and triglycerides
- Antioxidant enzyme and blood pressure
- Salt influence on blood pressure
– Vitamins and other Nutrients
- Vitamin B9 needs
- Vitamin B6 needs
- Vitamin B12 needs
- Vitamin a needs
- Vitamin c needs
- Vitamin d needs
- Calcium, bone strength and stress fracture
- Iron needs
- Omega-3 and omega-6 processing
– Fitness and Exercise
- Muscle power
- Muscle strength
- Muscle energy
- Recovery time
- Risk of soft tissue injury
- Injury risk and flexibility
How is the MyDNA™ Comprehensive Wellness Report created?
DNA is extracted from the cheek sample using the provided Swab Kit
and analyzed by NutriPATH™., a NATA/ISO accredited laboratory in
Based on the available information found in the published
literature, each gene is assigned a category according to
the likely clinical significance.
The three categories are:
- Least favorable
- Less favorable
It is important to note that this categorization does not relate to
the exact number of risk variants. For example, two risk variants
may only have a moderate influence on risk and be allocated a
less favorable finding (orange dot).
What are genetics and nutrigenomics?
- Our DNA contains information that determines the
characteristics that are with us at birth. These include hair and
eye color, and other characteristics such as how we process
nutrients. This genetic information affects usu from the inside.
- Our environment, nutritional intake, and lifestyle also play an
important role. These factors affect us from the outside.
The interaction between nutrients and genes is referred to as
- Recent research has revealed the value of nutrigenomics testing
for personal use. Individuals who are guided by their genetic
profile are more likely to make sustainable, long-term and
healthy changes to their lifestyle, including their diet and
What are the recommendations based on?
- The recommendations are based on a rigorous review of all
the current scientific literature that relates to your genetic
- The report utilizes an Evidence Rating System that explains
the quality of the relevant scientific findings.
- We believe that this Evidence Rating System also provides
scientific transparency as part of our commitment to you.
- ***** High levels of evidence available
- **** High-moderate levels of evidence available
- *** Moderate levels of evidence available
- ** Low-moderate levels of evidence available
- * Low levels of evidence available
For a complete description of the types of studies and the
evidence rating system used, submit a request here.
What are the limitations of the My Comprehensive DNA Profile report?
Each genetic marker tested is only one factor that predicts
the likelihood of a particular outcome. However, your
lifestyle, diet and the environment to which you are exposed
have an impact on the final effect predicted by your genes.
Such external factors cannot be taken into consideration in
this report. The information in this report doesn’t serve to diagnose
diseases or genetic defects, as it doesn’t predict the risk and
likelihood of certain genetic outcomes. It is also not intended
to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition or disease.
Source: The above information is property of NutriPATH™., it has been left mostly unchanged in order to provide only consistent and accurate information related to this test.
TestoChecker® Australia Wide. ©2023. All rights reserved.