Fasting required: Yes, 10 – 12 hours. We recommend performing this test 30 minutes from waking.
Sample Collection: Saliva
Testosterone controls the development of typical male features (e.g., deep voice, face and body hair, muscle bulk) and male fertility. Abnormally low levels of testosterone can decrease sexual performance, muscle and bone strength, and increase fatigue and depression. It is the Free Active testosterone tested and not the Total testosterone measured by this test.
DHEA-S Dehydroepiandrosterone sulphate is the major precursor of sex hormones in males and females. Low DHEA-S levels will lead to reduced levels of other sex hormones and also can cause depression, loss of bone and muscle strength, and low sexual function.
Measurement unit used – pmol/L. This means that very low levels of hormones can be detected with an accurate read-out of hormone concentration. Measurement Unit Conversion calculators can be used to compare any old records you may have in different measurement units.
How It Works (Steps)
- Purchase test, have it delivered to your doorstep. Tracking number available upon request.
- Complete simple saliva sample collection and brief paperwork.
- Mail back to our certified lab using EXPRESS Reply-Paid parcel included.
- Samples analysed by NATA accredited laboratory.
- Receive your results by secure .PDF.