About This Test:
Hormones Tested: Cortisol x 4, DHEAs x 1. [+ DHEAs / Cortisol ratios.]
Hormone test kit used by date: 24 months from purchase.
- Now includes individual hormone summary.
- Coloured results coded graph.
- Age Range Reference Chart for comparison.
- Measurement unit conversion calculators.
Instructions provided with all test kits.
Overview: The adrenal cortex, responsible for producing cortisol, is vital for metabolism and plays a crucial role when responding to stressful environments, disappointment and hostility. Low DHEAs indicates cortisol irregularity and is a vital clue when assessing adrenal function. Measuring your adrenal function will reveal just how much stress you body is under. Saliva is perfectly suited for this purpose.
Why test? The constant demand for cortisol due to stress will eventually exhaust the adrenal glands and disrupt the production of your progesterone, estrogen, testosterone, and DHEAs. Checking Adrenal health is a very good idea if you suspect irregularity.
- Purchase test, have it delivered to your doorstep. Tracking number available on request. Now sent via Express Post 7 days a week.
- Perform simple saliva sample collection and complete the included referral form.
- Post your sample and referral form back to the lab’ using the Express Post satchel. Tracking included.
- Receive your hormone test results by secure .PDF to your designated email address.
Laboratory – NutriPATH®.
Questions and answers related to hormone testing in Australia
Generally speaking testing time is up to 10 working days. For more detailed information regarding testing time see here.
With this test, Four 5mil saliva samples are required as both DHEA and cortisol are tested from the first sample. Your collection vial/tube has indicators clearly marked to prevent any confusion.
Using hormonal birth control will not interfere with this test as we are not testing the sex hormones.