Growth hormone (GH) is a peptide hormone, its production is controlled by two hypothalamic hormones; somatostatin, which limits GH production, and the growth hormone releasing hormone (GHRH), which increases production. The production of GH fluctuates over the 24 hr day peaking at 12-1 AM in healthy adults.
This test has been selected for promotion. Ends Jan’ 1, 2024
Growth Hormone Test detail
Collection method: SST Serum (Attend the nearest collection centre (see further down this page))
Test time: About 7 business days.
Express Post: Yes, tracking included.
GH Test Results are fairly simple, but do include the following:
- result coded [colour] graph,
- comparison benchmarks,
- brief advice in cases where an irregular result is revealed.
Why use this Test?
This test may be of use when investigating possible growth hormone deficiency. For some, the test is used to satisfy a basic curiosity. It can also be helpful when tracking the changes during commencement or cessation of growth hormone therapy.
Important: Detection and measurement of human growth hormone is achieved using this test. Growth hormone deficiency, should it be revealed, will be highlighted in the test result summary along with tailored advice. For men under 50 years of age, serious growth hormone deficiency must be investigated with the assistance of your GP.
Simple 2 step process:
- Purchase test. Sent via Express Post same day Mon-Fri, <5PM AEST. Tracking number available on request.
- Head to the nearest collection centre and show them your paperwork.
Test results are sent by secure .PDF to your designated email address.
Order NOW for EXPRESS Delivery!
Growth Hormone Deficiency | Some facts
Production of Growth Hormone varies between individuals but declines with age. Growth hormone deficiency is common in the 50+ age range. By 60, most individuals will have a mere 25% of the GH they did at the age of 20. And while not so surprising, around half of all 80 yo’s do not have detectable growth hormone.
Growth hormone deficiency reported symptoms
- A higher level of body fat, especially around the waist.
- Anxiety and depression.
- Decreased sexual function and interest.
- Feelings of being isolated from other people.
- Greater sensitivity to heat and cold.
- Less muscle (lean body mass)
Source: Cedars-Sinai Hospital website. The StayWell Company LLC.
- Test method: Automated Chemistry.
- ARTG: 329461
- SKU: T5001
⊂ One Stop, One Cost @TestoChecker ⊃
See All Other Tests.
TestoChecker® Australia Wide. ©2023. All rights reserved.