Growth hormone (GH) is a peptide hormone, its production is controlled by two hypothalamic hormones; somatostatin, which limits GH production, and the growth hormone releasing hormone (GHRH), which increases production. The production of GH fluctuates over the 24hr day peaking at 12-1am in healthy adults.
Growth Hormone Test detail
- Collection method: Finger prick blood spot [SST]
- Test time: About 7 business days.
- Contact free: Yes
- Express Post: Yes, tracking included.
- Referral: Provided
- Results: Include:
- result coded [colour] graph,
- comparison benchmarks,
- summary by the lab and also
- brief advice in cases where an irregular result is revealed.
Contact free means NO appointments and NO travel!
Why use this Test?
This test may be of use when investigating possible growth hormone deficiency. For some, the test is used to satisfy a basic curiosity. It can also be helpful when tracking the changes during commencement or cessation of growth hormone therapy.
Detection and measurement of human growth hormone is able to be performed from home, however any serious irregularities discovered will be highlighted in the test result summary, and should be followed up with a suitably qualified healthcare practitioner.
Simple 3 Step Process:
- Purchase test. Sent via Express Post same day Mon-Fri, <5PM AEST. Tracking number available on request.
- Perform the specimen collection as per instruction provided.
- Post your sample and referral form back to the lab’ using the Express Post satchel. (Tracking included)
Test results are sent by secure .PDF to your designated email address.
Order NOW for Express Delivery!
- Test method: Automated Chemistry.
- ARTG: 329461
- SKU: T5001
Growth Hormone Deficiency | Some facts
Production of Growth Hormone varies between individuals but declines with age. Growth hormone deficiency is common in the 50+ age range. By 60, most individuals will have a mere 25% of the GH they did at the age of 20. And while not so surprising, around half of all 80yo’s do not have detectable growth hormone.
One Stop, One Cost – TestoChecker® Australia Wide. All Rights Reserved.