DIY hormone test kit creation tool
Select any one hormone from the following:
- Estradiol: (E2) Estradiol is the the predominant form of estrogen. Estradiol imbalance can cause depression, increased body fat, decreased bone density and sexual dysfunction. In men, small amounts of estrogen are made as a by-product of testosterone conversion. It’s important that these levels remain low.
- Progesterone: (P4) Progesterone regulates ovulation in females, and imbalances can cause infertility, weight gain, low sex drive and depressive symptoms. In men, progesterone can help balance the effects of estrogen.
- Testosterone: (TT) Abnormally low levels of testosterone can decrease sexual performance, muscle and bone strength, and increase fatigue and depression. In males, testosterone is produced in the testicles and to a lesser degree in the adrenal glands. It helps build muscle tone, increases energy, contributes to a healthy libido, and aids in sperm production. Levels decline with age and with high stress in the body.
- DHEA-s: Low DHEA-S levels will lead to reduced levels of other sex hormones and also can cause depression, loss of bone and muscle strength, and low sexual function.
- Estrone: (E1) In premenopausal women, high estrone levels increase breast and endometrial cancer risk, while low levels can cause osteoporosis, fatigue, loss of libido and depression.
- Estriol: (E3) Estriol is mainly produced in the placenta during pregnancy. Estriol levels indicate the health of the unborn baby.
- Melatonin: Melatonin helps control your sleep and wake cycles. Melatonin also regulates pathways central to the immune response and abnormal melatonin secretion alters the immune function. To learn about testing sleep hormones go here.
- Cortisol: Heat, cold, infection, trauma, stress, exercise, obesity, and debilitating disease can influence cortisol levels. Being a single snapshot of the hormone this result will not highlight 24 hour Cortisol behaviour. One-off (snap-shot) Cortisol results indicating abnormality may be a trigger for follow-up detailed Cortisol testing, and in this case can be very useful.
Fasting Required: Yes – 1 hour. [Revised July 2019]
Collection time: AM recommended
Instructions provided with all test kits.
- Purchase test, have it delivered to your doorstep. Tracking number available on request. Now sent via Express Post 7 days a week.
- Perform simple saliva sample collection and complete the included referral form.
- Post your sample and referral form back to the lab’ using the Express Post satchel. Tracking included.
- Receive your hormone test results by secure .PDF to your designated email address.
This test is performed by NutriPATH®.
Questions and answers related to hormone testing in Australia