About This Test:
Hormones reported: Testosterone, Estradiol [E2] [MSM]
Why choose this test? To check if the levels of your ovarian hormones are low, which can signal the onset of menopause.
Sample collection – Saliva collections at 30 minute intervals over 2 hours for comprehensive assessment of the hormone behaviour and health. Multi Point Saliva Testing offers a superior observation of the hormone secretion pattern to single sample, [snap-shot] saliva testing of hormones.
When do I perform this test? We advise performing this test when estradiol (E2) is expected to be high (e.g. a few days before ovulation or in the mid-luteal phase). In cases where the cycle is irregular, i.e. very long, calculation charts provided with this kit can be used to best approximate your ideal test day.
Affordability: At Testochecker affordability and customer satisfaction is important to us. For this reason, we have configured our Perimenopause Test Kit to measure only ovarian produced hormones.
Menopause signals the onset of significant physiological changes in your body. This is due to the depletion of estrogen, testosterone and progesterone production by the ovaries.
During peri-menopause the level of hormone production changes as you transitions toward menopause.
Multi Point saliva testing (functional pathology) allows for us to observe the secretion patterns of these hormones, and is one of the methods used to identify the onset of menopause.
This transition typically begins in a woman’s 40s but can occur sooner or later. When menopause occurs, menstrual cycles will cease all together along with ovarian hormone production.
- Increased dryness of your skin, eyes and mucous membranes.
- Irregular periods.
- Low mood, depression or anxiety, and loss of libido.
- Over-active bladder, causing regular trips to the toilet.
- Your bones may lose a significant amount of mass, resulting in weak brittle bones (osteoporosis) and an increased chance of bone fracture.
- Hot flushes, night sweats and weight gain.
Symptoms of perimenopause can differ in severity. If severe, your doctor may be able to prescribe treatments to alleviate symptoms.
If your test results are outside of the normal reference ranges or are borderline, you may decide to make an appointment with your doctor to discuss treatment for symptoms.
- Purchase test, have it delivered to your doorstep. Tracking number available on request
- Complete saliva sample collection and brief paperwork
- Deliver your samples & included Referral Form to the nearest approved collection centre [900+ available nationally]
- Hormone test results are delivered by secure .PDF to your designated email address
Instructions included with all test kits.
MSM refers to the collection of saliva at multiple points in time. This is one of the key advantages of saliva for hormone testing. Collecting a number of saliva samples allows for observation of the hormone secretion pattern. Providing a wider view and more thorough final result. MSM also reduces the instance of contamination affecting final results [error]. Ask us more about this.
Generally speaking testing time is up to 10 working days. For more detailed information regarding testing time see here.
More questions answered here.
Testochecker QLD Resident Updates. Sign up below.