At Home Perimenopause Test detail
Hormones tested: Testosterone, Estradiol [E2]
Why use the Perimenopause Test? To check if the levels of your ovarian hormones are low, which can signal the onset of menopause.
When do I perform this test? We suggest ovarian hormones testing when estradiol (E2) is expected to be high (e.g. a few days before ovulation or in the mid-luteal phase). In cases where the cycle is irregular, i.e. very long, calculation charts provided with this kit can be used to best approximate your ideal test day.
Affordability: At TestoChecker, affordability and customer satisfaction is important to us. For this reason, we have configured our Perimenopause Test Kit to measure only ovarian produced hormones.
Menopause signals the onset of significant physiological changes in your body. This is due to the depletion of estrogen, testosterone and progesterone production by the ovaries.
During peri-menopause the level of hormone production changes as you transitions toward menopause.
This transition typically begins in a woman’s 40s but can occur sooner or later. When menopause occurs, menstrual cycles will cease all together along with ovarian hormone production.
- Increased dryness of your skin, eyes and mucous membranes.
- Irregular periods.
- Low mood, depression or anxiety, and loss of libido.
- Over-active bladder, causing regular trips to the toilet.
- Your bones may lose a significant amount of mass, resulting in weak brittle bones (osteoporosis) and an increased chance of bone fracture.
- Hot flushes, night sweats and weight gain.
Symptoms of perimenopause can differ in severity. If severe, your doctor may be able to prescribe treatments to alleviate symptoms.
If your test results are outside of the normal reference ranges or are borderline, you may decide to make an appointment with your doctor to discuss treatment for symptoms.
- Purchase test, have it delivered to your doorstep. Tracking number available on request. Now sent via Express Post 7 days a week.
- Perform simple saliva sample collection and complete the included referral form.
- Post your sample and referral form back to the lab’ using the Overnight Express satchel. Tracking included.
- Receive your hormone test results by secure .PDF to your designated email address.
This test is performed by NutriPATH®.
Questions and answers related to hormone testing in Australia