Fasting required: Yes, 10 – 12 hours.
Hormones Reported: Melatonin x 2, DHEA-S, Estradiol (E2), Estrone (E1), Cortisol, Progesterone and Testosterone. Results in both chart and graph form.
Sample Collection: 2 samples collected at 12 PM and 6 AM. Both samples used for melatonin and the 6 AM sample for all other hormones. Detailed instructions supplied.
Test kit used-by-date: 24 months from date of purchase.
Melatonin – Sleep Rhythm and so much more: Melatonin forms part of the system that regulates the sleep-wake cycle by chemically causing drowsiness and lowering body temperature. Secretion of melatonin, as well as its level in the blood, normally peaks late at night and gradually falls as you enter the morning. When functioning correctly, Melatonin assists by scavenging free radicals, regulating antioxidant activity as well as increasing the production of immune-optimizing substances when needed. This two part test will asses the over night behaviour pattern of your Melatonin identifying any irregularity which can normally be corrected.
Other hormone tests included:
- Estradiol: (E2) Estradiol is the the predominant form of estrogen. Estradiol imbalance can cause depression, increased body fat, decreased bone density and sexual dysfunction. In men, small amounts of estrogen are made as a by-product of testosterone conversion. It’s important that these levels remain low.
- Progesterone: (P4) Progesterone regulates ovulation in females, and imbalances can cause infertility, weight gain, low sex drive and depressive symptoms. In men, progesterone can help balance the effects of estrogen which must remain steady.
- Testosterone: Abnormally low levels of testosterone can make us feel older by limiting muscle and bone strength, and increasing fatigue and depression.The hormone testosterone is widely known to be vital for a range of reasons and checking to see it is functioning correctly is a good idea. It is the Free (active) component of the hormone tat is tested.
- DHEAs: An important precursor hormone in both men and woman. Low DHEA-S levels will lead to reduced levels of other sex hormones and also can cause depression, loss of bone and muscle strength, and low sexual function.
- Estrone: (E1) In premenopausal women, high estrone levels increase breast and endometrial cancer risk, while low levels can cause osteoporosis, fatigue, loss of libido and depression. Estrone can also be convert to estradiol in the body. According to recent reports, the biologic role of estrone in Men has remained unappreciated. Although estrone is considered a weaker estrogen than estradiol, circulating estrone levels in men are higher than those of estradiol.
- Cortisol: Playing a crucial role, cortisol is responsible for a variety of processes throughout the body, including metabolism and the immune response. The way our bodies respond to stress, fear and fright is directly linked to our cortisol health. A single cortisol result will reveal levels at that time and not provide a definitive picture of the hormones health. An irregular cortisol result using this test would give cause for further investigation using multi point tests.
How It Works (Steps)
- Purchase test, have it delivered to your doorstep. Tracking number available upon request.
- Complete simple saliva sample collection and brief paperwork.
- Mail back to our certified lab’ using XPRS reply-paid satchel. Tracking ability included.
- Samples analysed by NATA accredited laboratory.
- Receive your results by secure .PDF.
Instructions included with this kit.